The ICSA Board is soliciting bids for the 2017, 2018, & 2019 College Sailing Match Race National Championship. Schools and Yacht Clubs interested in hosting should prepare a bid that includes details and confirmation of the following:
- Name & location of host organization
- Regatta Chair & other relevant contacts (club Race Director, co-host contact, etc)
- Proposed sailing venue
- Type and age of boats for the event (minimum fleet of 10+ matched keel boats in the 20'-30' range with a fixed keel and a spinnaker)
- Local airport(s), recommended hotels, event social plans, etc.
- Average weather information for the time of year.
- Social media plan & event photographer
- A letter/statement explaining the resources that the venue can provide both physical and personnel.
- Proposed Chief Judge, and PRO
- Confirm the ability to support 10 umpires (housing, food, boats, flags, etc.)
- Housing for an assigned ICSA Representative
The dates of the Championship are fixed at:
November 17-19, 2017
November 16-18, 2018
November 22-24, 2019
November 20-22, 2020
The event budget is:
$2,255.00 in entry revenue
$3,500 ICSA Championship Sponsorship
ICSA collects the entry fees and provides the host with a check for the total. ICSA also provides all of the trophies for the event.