ICSA Hall of Fame
The ICSA Hall of Fame, housed within the Robert Crown Center at the U.S. Naval Academy, was established in 1969 to recognize the competitive achievements of undergraduates whose sailing records made them worthy of the designation “All-American” and the service contributions of individuals whose efforts helped in the establishment, growth, and development of college sailing. Prior to 2000, a number of former college sailors who were the champions of their time before the All-America Sailing Team was inaugurated (1967) were also inducted into the Hall of Fame. The names of those individuals are displayed in the Hall.
Beginning in 2000, new procedures and more specific criteria were established for induction into the Hall of Fame:
1. Outstanding skippers and crews, the College Sailor of the Year, Women’s Sailor of the Year and the Sportsman of the year are named each year to the All-American Sailing Team. An undergraduate is also selected to receive the Student Leadership Award. The names of these student sailors are displayed in the All-American Sailing Team section of the Hall of Fame.
2. In addition, not more than two individuals each year may be inducted for outstanding service to college sailing as volunteers. Not more than two others who are professional staff (coaches, advisers, administrators, etc.) may also be recognized for their outstanding service. One person each year, ordinarily someone already a member of the Hall of Fame, may be recognized for “Lifetime Service”. The names of individuals honored in the service categories are displayed in the Afterguard section of the Hall of Fame.
The current ICSA Hall of Fame has three divisions.
The Competitors Division
- Academic All-American
- College Sailor of the Year
- Women’s Sailor of the Year
- Sportsman of the Year
- Student Leader of the Year
The Afterguard Division
- Lifetime Service Award
- Meritorious Service Award
- Graham Hall Award for Outstanding Service by a College Sailing Professional
- Outstanding Service by a Volunteer Award
- Fowle Trophy
- ICSA/Gill Coed Championship Awards
- ICSA/Sperry Top-Sider Women’s Championship Awards
- ICSA/APS Team Race Championship Awards
- ICSA/LaserPerformance Singlehanded Championship Awards
- Kennedy Cup
- BUSA Tour Trophies